May 18, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CONTACT: The High Ridge/Stamford Korean United Methodist Church
2975 High Ridge Road Stamford, CT 06903; (203) 353-0488, email@example.com
The Korean Spirit & Culture Promotion Project (KSCPP) will present a Korean Cultural Festival on Saturday, July 18 at 2:00 P.M. to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the High Ridge/Stamford Korean United Methodist Church. KSCPP, which is dedicated to raising awareness of Korean History and Culture has already held over 1,100 presentations throughout the United States about the history and culture of Korea since 2009.
This very special afternoon will feature various Korean traditional arts and customs such as:
- a reenactment of the traditional wedding ritual, and
- two documentary films showing Korea’s Then and Now: about 55 minutes for both films
The event will also feature complimentary cultural books on Korea (Registration required) and meals, with dishes comprising:
- rice with mixed vegetables (Bibimbap),
- marinated beef with soy sauce and honey (Bulgogi),
- spring mix and kimchi with olive oil & balsamic vinegar(kimchi salad)
- korean pancakes (Jeon),
- sweet potato starch noodles with mixed vegetables (Japchae), and
- sea food salad with citron dressing (Haemool Naengchae).